Beginning to feel like the big mobile phone companies have gotten the best of you? It would appear that all of us have a frustrating story about countless hours spent on the phone with customer support and agonizing bouts over billing errors and over-charges. Many people seem like they're losing towards the big boys. Within this financial climate, it's more important than ever before that every business can hold their very own against the mobile phone companies.
From my own experiences while working for the main cellular providers, I will tell you first-hand that these companies make billing mistakes. Within the last 20 years, I have never completed a bill review that did not reveal significant errors, over-charges, or neglect. I'm also able to confirm that there is a ton of information out there they do not want you to definitely know. I want to share those secrets with you.
Fighting back is not an easy task for businesses because they just not have the ammunition or armor to safeguard themselves. It is impossible to decipher those complicated bills which come in each and every month, along with the industry changing so rapidly, keeping up is nearly impossible. But don't give up and merely pay those bills anyway. You will need to understand how much you're over-paying and the way to fix it.
There is a method to fight back and to arm yourself from these giants who can take advantage of the vulnerable and inexperienced. No matter how small or large your small business is, it's not past too far to usher in the big guns! Increasingly more companies are now retaining the expertise of a wireless expense management company to assist them to cut their wireless expenses. These are the experts who live and breathe wireless. They usually have many years of experience in the wireless industry and understand all the secrets. They make it their business to discover those secrets and dramatically reduce your wireless expenses and help you save substantial levels of money. They are highly skilled at managing wireless accounts plus they can provide you with straight answers and demonstrate exactly what you should be spending money on.
And here's what's promising: Some of them focus on a contingency and ask you for only a really small percentage of the money they find for you! That's right, they don't charge you anything if they don't save you money! One particular company is my company, Wireless Resolutions.
Secrets that Mobile phone Providers Don't Want You To Know
1. Wireless providers make big mistakes all the time. For instance, did you ever observe that your company account is set up on a shared minute plan as well as your bill says you are using a much more minutes than you believe you're using? You are not sure why it says you are using so many minutes or the way it happened, but based on your bill and your provider, your organization definitely made all those calls. So, you ignore it, because the bill is too complicated and also the wireless provider certainly knows what they are doing...right?
The truth is, you probably didn't use those minutes which particular error happens several would think. The bottom line is, shared plans include free mobile-to-mobile minutes. I can not even begin to let you know the amount of bills that I have reviewed where companies were billed for their mobile-to-mobile usage, that ought to happen to be free. Many people don't realize that those free minutes are now being counted when they tally your usage. Sometimes you wind up paying for those free minutes when they should never happen to be counted or considered overage. The providers say case a glitch within the system and they're focusing on ways to stop this mistake from happening. I have heard this excuse for the last Many years.
2. You can cancel your contract with no penalties in case your provider raises prices or changes anything regarding your account. Even when they notify you in advance that they're going to raise a cost or fee, they've violated your agreement and also the law says you are able to ask to be sold out of your contract without having to pay any penalties as long as you achieve this within Thirty days of the notice. Just recently Sprint imposed a rise in the Regulatory fee which meant that if you were under contract together, you could cancel that contract with no early termination fees.
3. Wireless salespeople have sales quotas and do not always have your own interest in your mind. This is correct in just about any sales-driven industry, and certainly true in mobile phone sales. These employees have sales quotas they need to meet to have their jobs. These quotas often involve increasing the RPU (revenue per unit) on existing accounts to show profits for their company. There is always a motivation of these reps to select a higher monthly plan for you. For instance, whenever you purchase a new phone, most sales reps don't even earn a commission on the sale until they select a higher priced rate plan, it doesn't matter what plan might be more suitable for your requirements.
If you feel you can rely on a worker of your wireless provider to look at over your bank account and also to make sure you are make payment on most favorable costs for service, you best reconsider. You are asking these to give up quota driven commissions and also to ignore quotas that are necessary to keep their jobs. Knowing that, I doubt you will get straight answers or get the cheapest. If you would like honest and straight forward answers about your wireless costs, you might not find them from wireless sales reps or from the employee of the wireless provider for that matter.
4. You can dial 411 for free. Yes, it's true! Don't allow your cell phone company gouge you with ludicrously high 411 fees; just dial 800-463-6327. You'll get live operators who will look for your number and connect your call for free.
5. You deserve an explanation for each fee in your bill and becoming one will help you save money. Each year companies spend almost $1000 in hidden fees they have no clue how to find! The Federal Communications Commission requires your provider to collapse every fee in your bill and let you know where it goes. This includes the FCC tax, that is very misleading as this money never goes to the FCC, the united states Treasury, or anywhere however your cell phone company's pockets!
6. The FCC has capped the subscriber line charge at $6.50 per line. This is fixed and finite, and pertains to each single line instead of a whole account. We discover this error regularly.
7. Wireless Providers will sometimes offer lower plans than what they advertise. Wireless Providers will sometimes discount existing plans by as much as $20 a month, only if, a customer was completely serious about canceling their contract due to minimal usage. The sad the fact is, many people don't have the experience to negotiate for lower rates. If you were to out- right ask an agent should they have lower and less costly plans, they'll tell you no. And if you don't have hired a specialist who's highly skilled in negotiating with one of these carriers, you will always get that answer.
8. You might incur roaming charges since your phone is not programmed correctly or it's defective. If you have ever been charged roaming costs, you are aware how easy it is to rack up the expense quickly on your mobile phone. Although, you cannot remember simply because blinking triangle or roaming alert in your phone, there must have been a time whenever you hit a roaming area; or possibly not. The sad part to a scenario such as this is that you can start roaming in the center of an appointment and never have any idea. How many people take a look at their phones when they are talking?
Here is what you don't know: Most phones are pre-programmed through the providers to roam! Some phones even malfunction for the reason that the roaming indicators have been shut off due to glitches in the primary switches, or just fail to work whatsoever. Be sure you read your manual closely to find how you can switch off the roaming feature on your new phone or take your phone to some service center if you notice roaming charges in your bill but didn't see a sign of any sort suggesting that you were roaming.
9. Should you ever pay the asking price for anything inside a wireless store then you're wasting money! This can be the cardinal rule of wireless. Most stores possess a 2000% markup on accessories! Most retailers charge you $29.99 for any car charger once they only pay $1.00! Most likely, they buy them by the thousands, so you won't find a good quality charger (i.e. one which will not fry your phone) for $1, however, you can certainly fare better than payable in a store.
Here's a word to the wise: Be VERY careful about the local "John's Bargain Cellular Hut"....many indirect agents do not have to play by exactly the same rules because the corporate stores and have been known to sell used equipment, stolen equipment, defective phones or do some deceptive things together with your account which will raise your costs.
10. Rebates- Ok, so nobody likes rebates, and if everyone actually sent in their rebates, companies would stop offering them. It is because lots of people do not send them in at all or they fill them out incorrectly that companies continue to offer rebates. Keep in mind, that it's just extra profit for them whenever you don't send it in! Over 38% of rebate coupons aren't honored by the wireless providers. So why do you believe they tell you just how it will take 8-12 weeks to get your hard earned money? Because they are hoping you'll overlook the rebate all together. Or they will reject the first hoping that you will not take the time to send it in again.
11. Activation Fees - Wireless Providers are notorious for charging high fees for initiating service using their company. Right now they are charging as high as $50 dollars per line in some regions of the nation. These wireless companies really want your company, they demand you to spend all of this money with them plus they would like you to sign a contract....but they want you to pay for them for the privilege to do this stuff. The truth is, you won't ever need to pay an activation fee.
12. Batteries - Mobile phone batteries are about $60 normally inside a retail store...they're no more than $10 online. Amazon has got the best money saving deals consistently on batteries exactly like you would get at the wireless store. These costs are all less than 55% of what payable at the shop for the similar THING!!! And I am talking about OEM batteries, not the generic ones.
13. Moisture Indicators- All phones have moisture indicators that will tell if the phone was wet. But always ask a service technician to inform you proof of the moisture. When the phone ended up getting wet, you will notice it clearly when the technician opens the phone. Some service technicians earn commission when they upgrade or replace your phone so there is an incentive to selling a new phone versus fixing your old one.
But while you don't remember getting your phone wet, suppose you do see moisture once the technician opens your phone. It is important to remember that moisture sometimes happens from humidity too, so don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower because the steam can both mess the phone up and turn the indicator to exhibit it got wet. Same goes true for sweat in the club...keep the phone from all types of moisture. If you do get it wet, try taking out the battery and putting the phone and battery in a zip-lock bag with about 1 cup of dry rice overnight...the rice will absorb the moisture which would bring the telephone back to life.
14. Company Discounts - The providers don't want you to definitely know this but there's an excellent chance that your company is associated with a bigger company which has a contract with a specific wireless carrier. That means that you can get additional discounts in your wireless bill. These discounts are usually between 10% to 25% off your payment depending on the size company and the contract(s) they've negotiated. For instance: If you're a flooring company and employ Mohawk products for your installations, you are eligible for a 21% discount on your account. If you are an Electrical contracting company and use Siemens products your account is entitled to 18%. You will find thousands available but best of luck getting these details from your provider.
15. Billing Overages - So we have had the experience, we open our wireless bill which is SEVERAL hundred dollars a lot more than we think it is likely to be! I have seen bills which were over $5,000 for one Internet connection card for just one month since it was used to download a lot of information from a site. I actually saw one card that had $3000 in charges since the user took it on a trip to Canada which isn't contained in the plan. Don't just accept overages for which they're. If you do have a reason for all those overages call your provider and get one! For those who have hired an expert who's highly trained in negotiating, you might be be also excused from paying these charges.
16. Bogus Text Messages- Did you know that some of the people little.20 cent charges for texts may have actually come from your wireless provider? They've been caught numerous times delivering a message to their customers about a new promotion and charging you for this! Sometimes you may be also charged for texts which were never sent or received.
17. Your minutes count while listening to someone's voicemail prompts. Are you aware that when you dial several and fasten to someone's voicemail and you hear all of the prompts suggesting what to do next.....you're using your minutes? Connect immediate when you hear the individual's voice by striking the # 1 key in your phone. This can bypass all of the prompts and put you to the beep to help you leave your message. It may seem this few seconds is no big deal...it introduced an extra $13 million this past year to the providers.
18. RIP-OFF ALERT: Mobile phone companies have been participating in an exercise that's becoming investigated. The is making huge money doing 3rd-party billing for companies who claim they've sold you "services" - services such as ring tones, games, horoscopes, videos, joke-of-the-day texts, etc. Here is why your cell phone company doesn't bring it to your attention. Your provider gets this type of large commission for carrying this out kind of billing, that they've been purposely deceptive about the practice.
Knowledge is power
These are merely a few of the better kept secrets the providers don't want you to know. At Wireless Resolutions, we make it our priority to know all of the secrets to ensure that we can make sure our clients are always paying the lowest price feasible for the best service their provider can provide.
Just how much are you currently over-paying for your company's wireless service?
Should you could save 50% off your wireless bills, how does one know? We save customers 1000s of dollars each year on their wireless bills with this Cost Reduction and Expense Management programs. Don't continue to wonder when the large players are getting the best of you. We are able to tell you exactly how much you're overpaying and obtain that money back for you. We offer a complete cost reduction bill analysis free of charge. As we can't show you a dramatic savings in your wireless costs, only then do we