A seasoned TV and print journalist, MSNBC's Dan Abrams is working on a debut book due out May 2011, titled Man Down: Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt That Women Are Better Cops, Drivers, Gamblers, Spies, World Leaders, Beer Tasters, Hedge Fund Managers, and Just About Everything Else. Additionally, after a successful premiere season, Dan Abrams will return for a second season of Chasing Justice with Dan Abrams on Discovery Channel's Investigation Discovery.
Formerly a reporter for Court TV (now truTV), Dan Abrams is best remembered for his coverage on the O.J. Simpson trial. Currently acting as Chief Legal Analyst for NBC News and MSNBC, Dan Abrams continues to contribute key information to NBC's other media programs, such as Dateline NBC and Today. In addition, Dan Abrams regularly shares his insight in a legal column for Men's Health magazine. Joining MSNBC after building his reputation as a reporter with Court TV, Dan Abrams became a frequent contributor to MSNBC's daily newscasts, helping to create such programs as Beat the Press. A respected and accomplished journalist and legal expert, Dan Abrams earned the responsibility of running the network as its General Manager, increasing ratings by over 60% in one year.
Currently working toward building his own media empire, Dan Abrams launched five separate websites, Mediaite.com, Gossipcop.com, Geekosystem.com, Styleite.com, and Sportsgrid.com. Hoping to cover all aspects of online interests, Dan Abrams also provides services to other organizations and private entities as CEO of Abrams Research (www.abramsresearch.com), a social media strategy firm. In addition, Dan Abrams contributes frequently to many online news sites. For more information on Dan Abrams, visit www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-abrams or www.itsdanabrams.net.
- Abrams Research
: 01/2008 -
Founder / CEO
A unique Digital & Social Media Agency based in New York, NY. Our team of digital strategists, researchers and designers direct your social media efforts to efficiently reach and engage your target audience.
- Abrams Media Network
: 01/2001 -
Founder / CEO
• Launched and hosted The Abrams Report.
• Launched Mediaite, the site for news, information and smart opinions about print, online and broadcast media, offering original and immediate assessments of the latest news as it breaks.
• Launched Gossip Cop. Co-founded by Dan Abrams, GossipCop.com was created to police the gossip industry. Launched in July 2009, it is the go-to destination for credible celebrity news. Every day the site separates fact from fiction, and has fun doing it.
• Launched Geekosystem, whose mission is to unite all the tribes of geekdom under one common banner. There’s a lot of overlap between the different families of geekery: The geeks who are into gadgets and computers are often one and the same as the geeks who are into comics and sci-fi are often just the same as the geeks who are fueling the culture of the Web — one forum or imageboard at a time. As the site’s name suggests, Geekosystem recognizes and celebrates these interconnections and the oft-overlooked personalities that hold it all together.
• Launched Styleite, which is dedicated to giving the latest and greatest in fashion and beauty news, insight, and commentary. Styleite also hosts the web’s most innovative and interactive photo community, Style Sheets.
• Launched Sports Grid, the site for news, information and smart opinions about sports. Our proprietary “Power Grid” objectively ranks sports figures across a multitude of categories based on their real-time relevance. Power Grid rankings rely on an array of metrics — including (depending on the category) fantasy league rankings, Twitter followers, web buzz, franchise value, and total viewership.
- Columbia Law School
: 09/1988 -
- Duke University
: 09/1984 -
• Graduated cum laude
• Anchored newscasts on Cable 13
• Vice President of student body